- Drinking Water
- Meeting Space
Fox Hall was donated to the City by A.D. Fox in 1952. Mr. Fox purchased the building from Clyde Carter, who constructed the building in 1924 to house his garage. The building was formerly occupied by Knecht & Son, who had leased the building from Mr. Carter for a repair service and later equipment sales. Mr. Fox donated the building to be used as a place for "social, religious and political meetings; for dances, parties, plays and entertainment for the use of the citizens of Louisburg and the surrounding territory," according to a story that ran in the Louisburg Herald in June 1952. Over the course of several weeks, The Herald reported a fund-raising campaign was conducted to raise funds to modernize the building. The first Fox Hall board was appointed by Mayor Ward Runyan later that summer and included L.G. Wilson, Mark Gardner, M.J. Connor, Clifford Wise and Dean Carpenter.
(Historical information provided by the Louisburg Herald and local historian Fred Barnes.)
The building rents for $25 per hour or $75 per day. To inquire on renting availability, please contact Teresa Vickrey at the number above right.