Part of the small-town charm of Louisburg is residents willing to lend a helping hand to each other. There are several volunteer opportunities that help make a difference to our entire community. Check out the offerings at the left and choose the area that suits you best. Before becoming a volunteer, read the waiver below and your agreement to the waiver is assumed if you sign up for a program.
Louisburg Community Volunteer Waiver
Volunteer Waiver, Release and Indemnification Agreement
You (hereinafter "the Volunteer") must read and signify your agreement with the terms of this Agreement before submitting your Volunteer Application with the City of Louisburg. If the Volunteer is under 18 years of age, the consent of Volunteer’s parent or legal guardian is required.
The Volunteer hereby freely, voluntarily and without duress executes this Agreement under the following terms:
1. Release and Indemnification: The Volunteer understands and agrees that the City of Louisburg, Kansas, or other sponsoring organizations are not and shall not be responsible or otherwise liable for any illness or injury to persons or damage to property resulting in the Volunteer’s participation in volunteer activities. The Volunteer hereby forever releases and holds harmless the City of Louisburg, its employees, agents and representatives or other sponsoring organization from any and all claims of any kind that he/she, or his/her respective heirs, executors, administrators or assigns may have or claim to have resulting from participation in volunteer activities. Volunteer further agrees to indemnify the City of Louisburg or other sponsoring organization from any and all loss where such loss is caused or incurred in whole or in part as a result of the Volunteer’s gross negligence, or willful or intentional conduct.
2. Authorization for Record Check: The Volunteer understands that depending upon the nature of the volunteer assignment, the City of Louisburg or other sponsoring organization may deem it necessary to obtain a Driver’s License and/or conduct a Criminal Background Check on him/her. Volunteer hereby consents to the City of Louisburg or other sponsoring organization conducting any such record or criminal background check and agrees to provide the City of Louisburg or other sponsoring organization with any and all information necessary to effectuate such check. Volunteer understands that his/her failure to provide such information will result in him/her not being considered for volunteer opportunities with the City or other sponsoring organization. Volunteer further releases the City of Louisburg or other sponsoring organization from any and all causes of action or liability which may arise from, or as a result of, the reports authorized herein.
3.Termination of Volunteer Assignment: Volunteer understands that his/her volunteer assignment with the City of Louisburg or other sponsoring organization may be terminated at any time, with or without cause. Any conduct or pattern of conduct by Volunteer that, in the sole discretion of the City of Louisburg or other sponsoring organization, would tend to disrupt, diminish or otherwise impact the public trust in the City of Louisburg or other sponsoring organization will result in the immediate dismissal of Volunteer.
4. Photographic Authorization: Volunteer does hereby authorize the City or other sponsoring organization to take and use, at its sole discretion and without compensation to Volunteer, any photographs or video recordings taken of Volunteer while participating in any volunteer activities and hereby grants unto the City of Louisburg or other sponsoring organization all right, title and interest in such images.
5. Insurance: Volunteer understands and agrees that City or other sponsoring organization does not carry or maintain health, medical, disability or workers’ compensation coverage for any volunteer whatsoever. Each volunteer is encouraged to obtain his or her own medical or health insurance coverage.
6. Truthful and Complete Information: To the best of my knowledge, I have answered everything on the Volunteer Application truthfully and have not given any information intended to deceive or commit fraud, nor have I made any false statement that might be construed as such.