LAC Facility Rules
- Observe all signage posted at the pool.
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Catching off the slides is not allowed. This includes lifeguards, parents, siblings, etc.
- No running, pushing, dunking or excessive horseplay.
- No diving except in designated areas.
- Patrons under 42 inches tall are not allowed on the slides.
- No cut-offs. Proper swim attire only. T-shirts are not allowed on slides or deep end.
- No breakable objects in or around pool. No glass allowed.
- Do not sit or hang on ropes, ladders or starting blocks.
- No flotation devices in the deep end, including swimsuits with floaters in them.
- No balls in deep end.
- No smoking, tobacco, vaping, alcohol or drugs of any kind are allowed on premises.
- Swim Diapers are required for all swimmers not toilet trained.
- The staff may waive or enforce any rule deemed necessary.
- Management reserves the right to refuse admittance to, or eject from the pool premises, any persons failing to comply with any health or safety regulations or directions of the Louisburg Aquatic Center staff.
- Must be 42 inches to ride the slides.
- Only one person is allowed to ride at a time.
- No trains.
- No pushing, shoving or cutting in line.
- Swimming or floatation devices are not allowed on the slides.
- Slide must be ridden feet first either lying on your back or sitting upright.
- Keep arms, hands, legs and feet inside the slide at all times.
- Do not run, dive, stand, kneel, rotate or stop in the slide.
- Riders must wait for an attendant signal before riding.
- At the end of the ride, exit quickly by moving to the stairs and avoiding the path of the other slide. Do not linger in the catch pool.
- Do not block the end of the slide.
- Patrons must obey slide attendant and lifeguard at all times.
- Ride at your own risk.
- Maximum weight limit: 300 lbs.
Diving Board Rules:
- You must be able to swim to go off the diving board.
- No pushing, shoving or cutting in line.
- Only one person on the diving board, including ladder, at a time.
- Wait until the last diver has cleared the water before diving.
- Dive or jump into the center of the pool, not to the sides.
- After diving, quickly exit the area to the nearest ladder.
- Obey all instructions of lifeguards.
- Lifeguards have the authority to stop an dangerous activity on the diving board.
- Only 1 bounce on the diving board.
- No adjusting the ease of the diving board.
- No trains off the diving board.
- No gainers or bacon and eggs off the diving board
- No catching off the diving board.
- Dive at your own risk.
Youth Discipline Policy:
- For a rule infraction or other inappropriate behavior, a patron will be given a verbal warning, notified of the action that caused the warning and told what the pool expectations are. They will be asked to sit out of the pool for 15 minutes. An Incident Report is filed and signed by the staff and the patron. The patron is notified of what will happen with another offense.
- For a second infraction a person is given a verbal warning and must sit out until a parent arrives (or may walk home at parent request) as the patron is suspended from the facility that day.
- The person is notified what action led to this discipline and what the pool expectations are.
- The person will call their parent from the pool phone and notify the parent of why the patron is being disciplined. An incident report is completed and signed by both the staff and patron. The person is notified of what will happen with the next offense.
- A verbal warning is given and the patron must sit out until a parent arrives (or may walk home at parent request) as the patron is suspended from the facility for 3 to 7 days depending on the severity of the violation. The suspension length is determined by the on-duty manager.
- The person is notified what action led to the discipline and what pool expectations are. The person will call a parent from the pool phone and notify the parent of why the patron is being disciplined.
- An incident report is completed and signed by the staff and person. The on-duty pool manager will call the parents as well as send a follow-up letter stating the previous actions and led to the child’s suspension.
Management reserves the right to skip the first and second offense and go straight to the third offense dependent on infraction.
If discipline issues continue, it will be reported to City Hall staff for further consideration.
Refunds are not issued for a second or third offense that results in suspension.